Saturday, July 25, 2009

Fun in the kitchen...

I've had an epiphany: muffins are relatively easy and fun to make! (Those of you who really know me and my fear of the kitchen will appreciate the magnitude of that statement.) I have to thank Julie as she makes the most incredibly scrumptious muffins/cupcakes you've ever tasted, so when she was gone I wanted some so badly that I stretched out of my comfort zone enough to try baking some myself.

The kids love baking projects so this has been a fun, easy project that we've done a few times. So far we've made:
  • Lemon muffin (VERY yummy but turned out kind of crumbly)
  • Banana muffins (definitely NOT my idea of something tasty but the kids liked them)
  • Carrot-bran muffins (had potential to turn out but we under-cooked them accidentally and they came out gross, ha!)
  • And our very best: zucchini muffins (they were supposed to be carrot but when we'd mixed all the other ingredients we realized we were out of carrots, heh. Daddy came to the rescue and suggested substituting carrots with zucchini and voila! They were delicious!)
Another fun one: Peanut-butter balls!


No comments:

Post a Comment