Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Ouchy!


I was brushing Ben's teeth the other night and getting him ready for bed. He told me to be careful because he had an "ouchy" in his throat. After asking him what happened he went into one of his descriptive, hand-motion-filled stories which went something like this: "Well...I was painting with Lily and I had a paintbrush in my mouth and Mommy told me to take it out cuz it was dangerous, but I didn't. And then Lily bumped me and I got an ouchy."

I looked and saw that there was a red dot to the right of his throat so I got my flashlight to take a better look. To my horror I saw that the little red dot was actually a small hole that was about 3 mm deep! It was about the diameter of a hole punch. Pretty freaky stuff! I showed Nat and a few other mommies in the home and they were shocked that Bennny wasn't making a bigger deal about it. Nat told me that it happened around 5:00 PM and Ben cried a bit, but when she checked his mouth she didn't see any blood and he didn't complain and ate dinner no problem as well.

Anyways, it wasn't bleeding but it was serious enough that Nat and I wanted to take him to the doc. After praying about it we decided to take him to the clinic the next morning. We all prayed for the Lord to heal him and after he fell asleep I laid my hands on him and prayed pretty desperately that the Lord would do a miracle and heal it and that it wouldn't get infected. Well, miracle of miracles, the next morning the hole was closed up completely and looked almost totally healed except for a little red dot! Praise God!

Well, I thought I would share that story with you as a little reminder to keep an eye on your little ones when they are using pencils or seemingly innocent things like a paintbrush. Crazy accidents can happen in the blink of an eye. We used the accident to remind all the kiddos of the dangers of putting pencils or sharp things in their mouths.

No comments:

Post a Comment