Thursday, February 25, 2010

I am a neurotic clean-freak

We just heard that Justins procedure went really well PTL, but we are waiting to see him so I thought I would share something that is on the funnier side to show you all that it isn't doom and gloom here. Justin has been quite a funny guy lately and has been loving the attention that everyone has been giving him. He is such a performer and really cracks people up with his antics and wins them over with his charming smile and bubbly laugh.

Justin hasn't been keeping solid food down since he's been taking the medication to help him with his heart condition. He still loves food though and the other day he got plate of honey-garlic chicken and scalloped potatoes for dinner and he wanted every bit of it! I cut it up into itty bitty pieces and he gobbled it down till he couldn't fit any more in. I was so happy that he ate it all without spitting any back up and I started cleaning up and washing his dishes while Nat held him. That is when disaster struck!

He threw up a bunch of itty bitty pieces of honey-garlic chicken covered in slime on Nat's pants as she was sitting there and of course I calmly freaked out and helped her to clean it up. While she was changing and I was washing my hands, Justin decided to throw up a little bit more on the sheets and blankets of his bed, so I panicked and looked for some sort of container to catch it in. Nat came out with clean clothes on and started to clear off the bed sheets when Justin tossed the vomit container behind the bed and promptly started throwing up some more on the pillow and matress! Nat was catching it in her hands and I was just about in tears frantically trying to get him his vomit cup. He ended up soiling everything in the room before completely emptying his stomach of the yummy dinner he ate and the room smelled awful! All of you who know me well, must know what was going through my mind. Nat was having a great time watching me clean up the bed and floor with papertowels and soap.

The nurse came in to check on us and wasn't shocked at all, as if she had seen this scene more than twice a day. She motioned toward a container of special wipes and told me that I could use those to disinfect the matress. She casually mentioned that they smell awful but effectively kill all kinds of bacteria as well as TB! Eureka! Nat told me that she saw my eyes light up like Christmas day as I grabbed a handful of wipes and in a frenzy attempted to clean the matress and every other possible surface of the bed. Nat told me that the nurse was watching me amusedly while I was in my cleaning hysteria and in the end she told me "um.. I think it is clean now". I just smiled at her and of course kept right on cleaning. Even hospital staff have to stop me from cleaning! She finally started making the bed and slowly pried me away from it.

Thinking about it now, it must've looked kinda funny to the nurse to see a panicked dad cleaning like a neurotic house mom! Many thanks to my mother for passing on those genes to me! Just kidding. Anyways, thank God those situations don't happen every day! Justin of course was very pleased with the mess he created and was watching me the whole time I was cleaning with a smug grin on his face!

Funny thing is, he doesn't even like honey-garlic chicken. I think it was planned....

2 comments:

  1. Haha! Hilarious! "Calmly freaking out".. Is that possible?
    I'm super happy to hear the procedure went well for Justin and I'll be praying against the blood clots. I really admire the faith you two have in the Lord's power and I think it's amazing how He is answering every prayer. Thank you Jesus. I love you guys so much and I'm so happy to hear he is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Christina (Renae) for all your prayers and for the encouragement! Yes, the Lord is answering our every prayer here! It is just taking some time, but I can see that it has been very good for both Nat and me because we really hadn't been tested in this area before and it has strengthened us in the realm of faith and trust. In all of this I think Nat has done the very best, hasn't lost her cool and has been a huge support for me. I on the other hand have "calmly freaked out" more than once! I think Nats time will come when I force her to go ice fishing with us again! heh heh. I do miss you Christina! xoxo
    Justin sends you a kiss!

    ReplyDelete