Tuesday, January 27, 2009

I love Agnes!

And this is one of the reasons why. One of the activities we had over Christmas consisted of giving 2 people in the Home a 'love token' with the promise to do a kind deed for them sometime throughout December or January. Agnes picked my name & offered to wash the baby's clothes for me which I thought was a great idea as just washing it all was a big job.

Today I decided to use rest day to sort through, fold & organize it all to see what I have enough of, what we still need, etc. Then I opened the suitcase and found this:

It was all done for me! I was so happy. Everything was washed, folded neatly, packed in separate bags and labeled already.

I love the way Agnes is like this with everything she does. She will never do a job halfway. If she takes it she does it perfectly. When she cooks dinner she turns leftovers into the highlighted meal of our week. When she teaches the kids you constantly hear them singing new songs, quoting new verses or telling you about some fun project/experiment they did. You don't ever hear her complaining, even when both of her kids are sick & she hasn't gotten sleep in 3 or 4 days.

Thank you Agnes! We're so blessed to live with you.

3 comments: