Sunday, January 25, 2009

Vacation #2

Chris & I just finished a few days of rest & vacation without the kids. It was so relaxing & we're very thankful to those who took the kids & made it possible for us to take time off. We have a wonderful Home! Following are pics of some of the highlights of these days.

Thanks to this wonderful woman we were able to go out to a very nice Argentine restaurant for dinner.
Simona was so sweet & provisioned a gift certificate for each of the couples to go eat there on their vacation. Thank you! We got some pics taken at the restaurant but I look so incredibly fat in them (and I'm not being bashful, even Chris said I shouldn't use them, Ha!) that you'll just have to be happy with these.

Chris at the 'Meson Gaucho'.

Something very nice was that our vacation happened to include the day of our 6th anniversary, January 23rd, so we were able to celebrate that. I wanted to say a special THANK YOU and I LOVE YOU to a friend who sponsored a very nice meal for us but wishes to remain anonymous. I don't know who you are but I want you to know that I/we felt very loved and really appreciate your gift. Thanks for such a sweet gesture of friendship.

We love you!

Chris and I had originally thought of going out to eat but then he came up with the brilliant plan of including our Home in our special dinner. So instead of going out to eat we went shopping and Chris made a wonderful dinner of BBQed meat, Argentine chorizo (YAY!), Caesar's salad, bread, chips & dip and ice cream with peaches & cajeta for dessert. It was so wonderful. We had a very nice time relaxing with everyone and it was also a different way to celebrate our anniversary.

Almost everyone except for Cel who's taking the pic & Manolo who is hiding his radiantly handsome face, don't ask me why.

Something else I really enjoyed was a trip to Taxco which we've been wanting to do for quite a while now. We've been in Mexico for 7 years and finally got to visit the 'silver city'. Cuernavaca is actually very close to Taxco and I'm happy we did it before the baby came as I realized that it really isn't such a child-friendly place.

An outside view of Taxco.

I must say that I didn't like the town half as much as I liked the markets and town of Tepotzlan, but I'm still happy we visited it. The streets are all cobblestone and VERY slanted. The silver markets seemed to be hidden away in very narrow streets, or maybe it just seemed that way to me as I'm so big & everyone kept bumping into my belly, heh. I didn't take many pics as it was very hot, crowded and we were more interested in getting good deals on silver and making sure my belly wasn't in anyone's way which was quite a feat but in the end we got some beautiful silver jewelry at very affordable prices for some very special people.

Chris on the bottom floor of a 3 story silver market. It was incredibly crowded.

Aaaaand, I scored a very nice anniversary present from Chris. I'd been wanting some of these for a very long time and I was so touched by the fact that he remembered what I liked.

The silver bangles Chris got me as an anniversary present.

That's all for now. Just 10 days till the squirm comes! LY!

No comments:

Post a Comment